Carpets tend to be something that people assume will be hard to deal with without using any chemicals, most people believe that pet urine or wine stains will never come out of their carpet using anything let alone using eco carpet cleaning products. Well, we are going to give a way a secret today.
Did you know that all you need to remove almost any unpleasant smell from your carpet simply using this:
Thats right, baking soda can solve all your problems the non chemical way within just a few hours of applying. So how would you do it yourself at home?
As you may know, typical carpet surfaces tend to be worn off by constant wear and tear from walking on them with shoes. Shoes tend to be dirty and oily which leaves your carpet surface worn out and dirt embedded in the deep threads. So if you have tried to clean the rug yourself with a heavy duty brush, you know that the smell afterward is still there and it gets worse! That is because the brush will not pick up the unpleasant odour, in face you are adding moisture to your carpeting which will only amplify the smell. So, the simple solution is, just use every day backing soda you can practically buy anywhere for pennies. The process?
- You want to make sure your carpet is dry because the soda will not work that well absorbing the odour if it gets in contact with water. Dry surface carpeting works the best and we recommend you stick to that yourself.
- Make sure you vacuum the carpet for any bigger particles of dirt that would be at the surface, leaving the baking soda on its own to do the magic for you. It is important that you take the time to vacuum the surface of the rug thoroughly with a good quality hoover that has good suction power. If you are wondering where you could get one of those we recommend visiting: http://www.screwfix.com. This crowd will be more than happy to help you out.
- Once you have thoroughly vacuumed the surface of your carpet, what you want to do is generously cover the surface with baking soda. It does not have to be covered very evenly a rapid spread is just fine. Make sure you use a generous amount though, something like illustrated in the picture below would be perfect.
- You want to leave that soda stay there on the carpet for a good few hours at the least. Needless to say you should not be walking on the carpet, but I will mention it for good measure. The longer the soda gets to stay on the surface the better chance it has to do a good job for you. I personally recommend leaving it like this overnight if you can.
- Last but not least, you want to once again hoover the soda remains off your carpet using a regular high power hoover. If you did everything right, the carpet should now be virtually free of any unpleasant smell, its tends to take out some stains too while it’s at it!
We found a great video showing the whole process in about a minute for you if you don’t like to read articles.
Make sure you share this post with your friends and family, this is the perfect way to get rid of any unpleasant odour from your home. We will even give you a small hint, this could work well with upholstery too! Proceed at your own risk though.